WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Telegram Group Join Now

Israel sieges Gaza City, US calls for partial ceasefire

Israeli bombing of the Gaza Strip and fighting between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas movement still ongoing
Israeli bombing of the Gaza Strip and fighting between Israel and the Palestinian Hamas movement still ongoing

Blinken will urge Israel to accept humanitarian ceasefire

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken is scheduled to arrive in Israel on Friday (November 3) to call for a partial ceasefire in the fighting to allow humanitarian aid to enter Gaza. Meanwhile, Israel says it has laid siege to Gaza City, the main city in the Gaza Strip, its main target in trying to eliminate Hamas.

As the conflict between Israel and Hamas nears the end of its fourth week, Blinken will visit Israel for the second time in a month and meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (Benjamin Netanyahu) meeting.

As he left Washington for the Middle East, Blinken said he would discuss specific measures to minimize harm to civilians in Gaza. But the White House said any pause in fighting should be temporary and localized and insisted it would not prevent Israel from defending itself.

Blinken is also scheduled to meet Jordanian Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi in Amman on Saturday. Safadi said in a statement that Israel must end its war in Gaza, saying it was committing war crimes by bombing civilians and imposing sieges.

The Israeli army surrounded the Hamas tunnel in Gaza City and counterattacked.

During this period, the Israeli military was fighting fierce battles with Hamas militants. Hamas launched “hit and run” attacks from underground tunnels to resist the Israeli offensive.

“We are in the thick of the fighting. We have achieved an impressive victory and have moved beyond the outskirts of Gaza City. We are advancing,” Netanyahu said in a statement on Thursday. In

MUST READ: ☞  The United States condemns Russia's massive attacks on all of Ukraine

Gaza The severe explosion came as Israel Defense Forces spokesman Daniel Hagari told reporters that Israel’s “forces have completed the siege of Gaza City, the center of the Hamas terrorist organization.” Israel’s chief of military engineering,

Ido Iddo Mizrahi said the troops encountered landmines and booby traps during the operation. “Hamas has learned and is fully prepared,” he said.

Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida said in a televised speech on Thursday that Israel’s death toll in Gaza was much higher than that of its military. The number of people announced. Israel said it had lost 18 soldiers and killed dozens of Hamas militants since the ground operation expanded on Friday.

Fighters from Hamas and its allied Islamic Jihad emerged from tunnels, opened fire on tanks, and then disappeared, according to accounts and videos from local residents.

The United States is flying drones over Gaza to gather intelligence to help find the hostages, two U.S. officials said on condition of anonymity. One of the officials said they had been conducting drone missions for more than a week.

Israel blames Hamas for civilian deaths

Rising Palestinian civilian casualties and severe shortages of food, water, medicine, and fuel have intensified calls from leaders around the world for a ceasefire or truce.

Israel has dismissed the calls, saying it is targeting Hamas militants and accusing Hamas of deliberately hiding among residents and civilian buildings. The White House has also rejected calls for a ceasefire.

Gaza’s health department claims that at least 9,061 people have died in Gaza since Israel began its attacks on Gaza in retaliation for Hamas militants.

MUST READ: ☞  Progress in Gaza Ceasefire Negotiations: Diplomatic Efforts by US and French Ministers in the Middle East

A group of independent United Nations special rapporteurs has warned that Palestinians in Gaza face an “extreme risk of genocide”. “We call on Israel and its allies to agree to an immediate ceasefire. We are running out of time,” they said in a statement. Israel’s mission to the

United Nations in Geneva called the rapporteurs’ comments “regrettable and deeply concerning” and added that civilian deaths were blamed on Hamas. Stephane Dujarric, spokesman for the United Nations Secretary-General, said that a determination of genocide can only be made by the relevant United Nations judicial bodies.

The White House said Thursday it was working on a range of ceasefire scenarios in the conflict.

“What we’re trying to do is explore all ceasefire options that may be needed to continue providing assistance and continue working to safely evacuate people, including hostages,” White House National Security Council spokesman John Kirby told reporters.

Exciting news! Meritnews24 is now on WhatsApp Channels 🚀 Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest insights!” Click here!

Leave a Comment

WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Telegram Group Join Now